TERMS AND CONDITIONS
LIMITED WARRANTY OFFERED BY NIPPON MOTORS
A. Nippon Motors warrants that every used engine sold by Nippon Motors will be in a serviceable condition, having regard to the nature of used engine, for the duration of time after the date of sale according to the following applications.
1. Engines for Passenger Cars, Trucks and Vans for Stock Replacement —– 180 Days
2. Passenger Cars, Trucks and Vans Used for Commercial Purpose — 90 Days
3. Diesel Engines for Stock Replacement — 30 Days
4. Transmissions for Stock Replacement — 90 Days
5 Rotary Turbo engines for Stock Replacement — 30 Days
6 Turbo engines for Stock Replacement — 90 Days
7. Performance Engines; Rotary Engines; Turbo Engines; Engines and Transmissions used for Competitive/Racing Purposes — No Warranty
8 All Electrical/Electronic Parts — No Warranty
B. ITEMS AND CONDITIONS COVERED BY THE LIMITED WARRANTY
1. All internal engine parts including: pistons, piston rings, piston pins, crankshaft and main bearings, connecting rods and rod bearings, camshaft and camshaft bearings, timing chain and timing gears, intake and exhaust valves, valve springs, seals, guides, oil pump, push rods, rocker arms and shafts. The engine block, cylinder walls and cylinder head are also warranted to be free of cracks or distortion.
2. Head gaskets are warranted for 30 days only, irrespective of the application as stated in Section (A).
3. Nippon Motors reserves the right to repair with rebuilt or serviceable used parts, or exchange the engine at its own discretion and determination.
C. ITEMS NOT COVERED:
All external parts attached to the engines, e.g., intake and exhaust manifolds, carburetors, distributor, starter, emission control devices, flywheel, clutch and pressure plate, water pump, thermostat, belts, hoses, oil pan, valve cover, etc.
D. THIS LIMITED WARRANTY DOES NOT COVER:
1. The cost of labor required to remove and install a repaired or exchanged engine to the vehicle.
2. Any damage caused by abuse, neglect, accident or natural perils.
3. Loss caused by the engine being improperly installed.
4. Towing charges and/or freight or delivery charges.
5. Loss caused by overheating. Heat tabs are installed on every engine. If the center of tab is melted or removed, the warranty is void. The warranty does not cover oil leaks, blown head gasket or any other engine damage due to over heating caused by poor water circulation, clogged radiator, stuck thermostat or a faulty water pump, etc.
6. Decrease in performance of any covered part due to normal wear and tear (unless actual breakdown occurs), having regard to inherent manufacturing faults in some engine models.
7. Loss caused by any modification or use of the engine for which it was not originally designed.
8. The engine if it is used for competitive driving or racing.
9. Loss caused by the failure of a part or parts of the engine that are not covered by this limited warranty.
10. Tune-ups and adjustments, filters, hoses, belts, lubricants, coolants, emission control devices, spark plugs, tune-up parts, etc.
11. Deterioration or pre-ignition damage.
12. Repairs performed without prior authorization from Nippon Motors.
13. Loss caused by defective timing belt. A brand new timing belt must be installed.
E. LIMITATION OF DURATION
Repairs or exchanges will not extend this limited warranty beyond the described term on this form (Item A).
F. DISCLAIMER 1.
This limited warranty is in lieu of any and all other expressed warranties of Nippon Motors. Any warranty implied is limited to the duration of this limited warranty. Nippon Motors does not assume or authorize any person assume on its behalf any other obligation of liability. Some states do not allow limitations on how long an implied warranty lasts, so the preceding information (Disclaimer 1) may not apply to you.
G. DISCLAIMER 2.
Nippon Motors will not be responsible for incidental or consequential damages arising from loss of use, loss of time, inconvenience, or commercial loss, or any other consequential damage or loss. Some states do not allow the exclusion or limitation of incidental or consequential damages, so the preceding information (Disclaimer 2) may not apply to you.
H. WARRANTY CLAIM PROCEDURE
1. Call or write Nippon Motors stating the invoice number, the date of purchase, type of engine or transmission and application, and the nature of the problem.
2. No claim will be considered without prior authorization from Nippon Motors to proceed with repairs. Bring all necessary invoices, receipts, or proofs of expenditure. No warranty without invoice!
1. Title to goods does not pass to buyer until funds are collected and cashed by Nippon Motors. All collection costs will be the responsibility of the buyer.
2. 15% restocking fee is charged on every good item returned. Non-refundable after 30 days from the date of invoice.
3. NO REFUNDS! EXCHANGE ONLY! NO EXCHANGE WITHOUT INVOICE.
4. FAILURE TO FOLLOW THE FOLLOWING MAINTENANCE REQUIREMENTS VOIDS THE WARRANTY.
a. Must be installed, maintained, or adjusted by a qualified technician.
b. Set ignition to specification as recommended by manufacturer.
c. Change oil after 500 miles.
d. Re-torque cylinder head bolts to manufacturer’s specification.
e. Check cooling system and service if rusted or contaminated with oil and replace coolant.
f. Must replace transmission seals, oil pan gasket, and oil filter.
g. Must clean transmission cooler.
Engines complete with accessories may not comply with the emission control laws of the state in which it is being sold or used. State and/or federal authorities require that you change over the emission devices from your old engine to the engine you are installing to make it comply. The add-on parts on the engine sold by Nippon Motors, Inc. are left attached for testing purpose only, for your convenience and are free of charge. The purchase price represents the cost of the long block only (i.e. cylinder head and short block only).